Wednesday 18 January 2012

Post Hand-in Limbo

So, skiing is over. We had beautiful conditions and I've come away looking like a panda thanks to the sun. I caught some beautiful images too from the top of a glacier at 3500 meters. But, all good things must come to an end and so they did in a rather terrifying way. First semester hand in!

Putting up my work for the tutors to mark isn't a scary prospect for me, I've done the work, what ever standard it may be in I know that I did my best and that there was no point in worrying about it, what's done is done. The issue I have is all of my peers, seeing my work and for them to judge it, as well as seeing the standard of everyone else's work and how they had presented it.

It's given me an opportunity to see how every else decided to present there work, I went for simply putting up my work with a very small amount of inspiration decoration as not to distract from the fabrics themselves, but others went wild. There were trees sprouting fabrics, giant mind maps surrounded in ribbons, huge paintings and drawings filled with fabric, some had garments made and presented on manikins. I worry that mine looks like a spec of sand compared to their mile long beaches but I keep thinking to myself, "Que sera, sera. What will be, will be".

No comments:

Post a Comment