Tuesday 3 April 2012

And back after a long time of not blogging...

Wow, didn't quite realise how longs it's been since I blogged last, whoops!

Well, the work progress has come on such a long way (the reason for my blogging absence). I have the top and a toile of my skirt done for the first full garment I've made since I was 16! I a tonne of samples too, but I'm still not satisfied. I need more!

So to quench this thirst for more fabrics, I have been designing my own fabrics on our Jersey machinery here at the Universtiy. My first attempt at CAD unfortunately hasn't lived up to expectations as I wished to use an elastane to sculpt the design, but the machine doesn't like this idea and snaps it off at any given moment, so, change of plan! I'm going to use a polyester yarn (or cotton if it will work) and silk yarn to try and create a subtle and delicate pattern.


There is light at the end of this tunnel, I can almost see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment